Updated September 2020
1) I understand the class fee is $180 per student per year for the competition levels and first half payment is due no later than September 25th with the second half payment due in January; $90 per Intro student per semester due September 25th. ***Only the first semester tuition is due at this time*** The $90 can be paid in two payments. The first payment is due by September 25th and the second is due by October 23rd.
2) I understand that I can pay the full tuition for my Level 1 or Level 2 student of $180 in September or have an approved payment plan/waiver in place.
3) I understand that if student fees are not paid by September 22nd, or have an approved payment plan/waiver in place, my student may be invited to leave the class.
4) I understand refunds are NOT available after the program has been running for 2 weeks.
5) I understand that if my student, or myself, has an excessively poor attitude or bullying occurs my student may be invited to leave the class.
6) I understand the ballroom program is a girl and boy activity. Only 3-4 more girls than boys MAY be accepted to participate so as to ensure a quality ballroom dance experience for all participating students.
7) I understand that ballroom is a “contact” sport meaning boys and girls will be appropriately taking dance position whether that be open, closed, or two hand hold, with every partner when dancing.
8) I understand that if the class is already full of girls then my daughter’s name will be placed on a “girl waiting list” until a boy commits to join the class or another girl leaves the class.
9) I understand that any girl who recruits a boy to join the class may add the class immediately if there is room for the couple and the boy commits to stay in the program. Priority is given to 6th grade students for Level 1 & Level 2.
10) I understand that the boys and girls will NOT be permanent partners in class. Students are expected to change partners often.
11) I understand that the minimum number of students per class is 20 and the maximum number of students is 30 (Almost equal ratio of boys/girls is required per class).
12) I understand that enrollment interest will determine if the classes will be held.
13) I understand the ballroom class enrollment is based on a first come first serve basis (6th grade students have first priority).
14) I understand the ballroom program is a year-long commitment (September to May) for 4th, 5th, and 6th grade students, September – December for Intro (3rd-6th). It does NOT end after competitions are over.
15) I understand that excessive tardiness and absences without a parental excused notification may result in a dismissal from Ballroom class.
16) I understand that if a class is missed, the student needs to ask the teacher or another student what they missed before the next class.
17) If a student misses too many practices and does not know the routines, they will be asked not to perform in the shows/competitions.
18) I understand that I may be asked to help in some way to assist the program (ie: helping in class, phone calls, class treats, Team Match, Concert, etc).
19) I understand that if my child ends school before ballroom class begins, I must make arrangements for him/her to leave the school and return when ballroom classes begin. If this arrangement is not possible, I will discuss other options with the principal and inform the secretary of those arrangements.
20) I understand that the teacher will do everything possible to allow my student to participate in AT LEAST 1 team match experience (if my school chooses to participate in team match events) as long as my student EARNS the ability to participate in team match by attitude, attendance, and ability.
21) I understand that a student will be placed on probation if they are unable to meet the Ballroom standards. The parents and students will be notified when they are placed on probation. If the student fails to improve within a reasonable time frame, they will be dismissed from Ballroom.
22) I have read, accepted, and discussed the Ballroom Standards with my student.
23) My student agrees to follow the Ballroom Standards.
We require a physically signed standards form as well