Updated March 2018
1) I understand the class fee is $180 per student per year and that includes a ballroom t-shirt & the costume fee. Payment is due no later than September 18th.
2) I understand that I can pay the full tuition of $180 in September or make 2 payments of $90 each in September and October.
3) I understand that if student fees are not paid by September 18th or have a 2 month payment schedule, my student may be invited to leave the class.
4) I understand refunds are NOT available after the program has been running for 2 weeks.
5) I understand that if my student or myself has an excessively poor attitude my student may be invited to leave the class.
6) I understand the ballroom program is a girl and boy activity. Only 3-4 girls than boys MAY be accepted to participate so as to ensure a quality ballroom dance experience for all participating students.
7) I understand that ballroom is a “contact” sport meaning boys and girls will be appropriately taking dance position whether that be open, closed, or two hand hold, with every partner when dancing.
8) I understand that if the class is already full of girls then my daughter’s name will be placed on a “girl waiting list” until a boy commits to join the class.
9) I understand that any girl who recruits a boy to join the class may add the class immediately if there is room for the couple and the boy commits to stay in the program.
10) I understand that the boys and girls will NOT be permanent partners in class. Students are expected to change partners often.
11) I understand that the minimum number of students per class is 20 and the maximum number of students is 30 (Almost equal ratio of boys/girls is required per class).
12) I understand that enrollment interest will determine which class carries.
13) I understand the ballroom class enrollment is based on a first come first serve basis (6th grade students have first priority).
14) I understand the ballroom program is a year-long (September to April) commitment for 4th, 5th, and 6th grade students.
15) I understand that excessive tardiness and absences without a parental excused notification may result in a dismissal from Ballroom class.
16) I understand that if a class is missed, the student needs to ask the teacher or another student what they missed before the next class.
17) If a student misses too many practices and does not know the routines, they will be asked not to perform in the shows.
18) I understand that I may be asked to help in some way to assist the program (ie: helping in class, phone calls, class treats, Team Match, Concert, etc).
19) I understand that if my child ends school before ballroom class begins, I must make arrangements for him/her to leave the school and return when ballroom classes begin. If this arrangement is not possible, I will discuss other options with the principal and inform the secretary of those arrangements.
20) I understand my student will have the opportunity to participate in AT LEAST 1 team match experience if my school chooses to participate in team match events. Students will need to EARN the right to participate in team match.
21) I understand that a student will be placed on probation if they are unable to meet the Ballroom standards. The parents and students will be notified when they are placed on probation. If the student fails to improve within a reasonable time frame, they will be dismissed from Ballroom.
22) I have read, accepted, and discussed the Ballroom Standards with my student.
23) My student agrees to follow the Ballroom Standards.
We require a physically signed standards form as well